We all love plans. We want to make plans for the future: for career or for marriage or even for the weekend. Our entire state of happiness and disappointment lies on how close we get to our initial plan. Some call it divine intervention or some call it Murphy’s law or some just call it poor planning but the reality always deviates from our plan. The funny part is though we all have plans we do not want to share our plans to anyone. We think that if we share our plans to people outside the plan, it will not work. We want to project to the outside world we are so impulsive and we ride the wave.
Well this blog is not a philosophical note on life or some serious take on planning. I am not walking that path of serious writing because of the obvious reason that I suck at writing anything matured. I just wanted to share some funny or ironical real life incidents when we were busy planning and God decided to play a joke by screwing up our plan. Here are some of the plan bloopers:
- People who planned to enjoy bachelor life without getting married, are slowly realizing that they are finding it more and more difficult to “enjoy bachelorhood” so eventually they give up. Finally their plan gives way to marriage and settling down.
- People who got expensive DSLR cameras with the plans of becoming the next photographer with a FB page, shooting candid HD photographs and blurred background macro shots, realize their plans are shattered when the only mode they use in their DSLR is creative auto.
- People who plan for traffic and start early to reach the airport on time will hit no traffic and reach so early unlike they planned. They get so bored and check in FB that they are at the airport travelling to some country outside India.
- We plan on having our own side of the bed in our bachelor pad, not willing to let go of our side of the bed not even to our better half. Then comes your kid, pees all over on your side of the bed and gives you a smile, throwing your plan of private space into the bin.
- You plan to impress everyone at the business presentation with the extra slides you added and get some brownie points. Only then all your slide gets moved to the appendix section making your plan ineffective.
- You plan to fill your passport pages, social media with wander lust hash tags and instagram filter photos, you either realize that it makes you bankrupt or backpacking or travelling on budget is not as sexy as it is seen on social media. So all plans and the extra pages in passport is not used anymore.
- With all fitness and marathon hype around, you plan on joining a gym, running marathons and doing yoga to keep you fit. Later you realize happiness is that extra hour of sleep or growing fat together and the plan of full marathon gets thrown in a corner along with the gym membership card.
- You plan to be the centre of a party, socializing and making sure you make heads turn with your dance moves. In the end, your plan doesn’t even take off when you are sloshed out in one corner even before the party starts and someone carries you home before others even knew you were there.
- Inspired by shows like friends or HIMYM, you plan to redefine getting old with friends for life. Your plans are no where close to reality when you realize meeting your friends once in a month is a task and when you meet all you talk about is loans repayment , gaining weight and which school your kid is in.
- Your plan of finding your life purpose, after MBA/MS with a new high paying job, falls flat when reality strikes. You realize life is same as before MBA/MS and you still feel like you are in the wrong profession
Whatever the plan bloopers are, I feel at the end God makes sure there is a happy ending. Life takes it own course so lets not get too worked about the details of it. We should not tie our happiness with plans. Lets plan and lets laugh at how our plans got screwed up for something better.